Best Sunscreen for Fair Skin in 2020
Do you have a skin that tends to burn quickly just because you are fair? Well, you are not alone!
I know you love being pale and it always looks beautiful, however taking care for a fair skin is totally a different story, especially if you are living in a sunny city and loves to have fun during summer.
This is why it is very important to hunt for the best sunscreen for fair skin that can shield you against the damaging and harmful radiation of the sun without feeling as if you are wearing a biohazard suit. Well, what I just meant is that we need to find a product that you will be able to wear each day without being extremely aware of the thick and heavy layer of goop on your skin. This is because it is something that you will need to religiously wear.
So please keep on reading below for the in-depth reviews of my top five choices of sunscreen for your skin type.
Top Choice of Sunscreen For Fair Skin
Alba Botanica Sensitive Fragrance Free Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
This mineral sunscreen comes from a remarkable brand that constantly strives to deliver high quality, natural and reasonably priced products to its customers. Actually, our top product for today is the cheapest product on this list but it has absolutely qualified as being the best. It delivers broad-spectrum protection by using a combination of 14.5% zinc oxide and 2% titanium oxide. With these concentrations, we can be sure that you will get amazing, well-balanced sun protection.
I like how pleasant and how you can smoothly apply this sunscreen. It has a finish that is not thick or oily at all, so it is ideal for both face and body. It also has a fragrance-free formula, so it will not leave you with a strong scent all day.
Overall, this sunscreen is a highly recommended product. Its combination of easy application, the absence of strong odors, affordable price and high-quality protection made the product a real winner.
- It contains hydrating ingredients
- It comes with smooth texture
- It has an affordable price
- It takes some time to dry
Blue Lizard Sensitive Sunscreen SPF 30+
This sunscreen has been specially formulated for those with sensitive skin and it has been highly rated by EWG. This sunscreen provides high-quality broad-spectrum protection by combining two active ingredients, 10% zinc oxide and 5% titanium oxide.
This is remarkable since it can provide you with a high enough concentration of active ingredients that will make you feel confident about the level of protection you receive but at the same time not so high enough to leave a white cast on your skin after application. It actually has the most beautiful finish among the sunscreens I’ve used. Though it can be a little shiny or oil when you first apply it, you will get a transparent look with minimal or no white cast at all as long as you diligently rub the product well.
It also has this cool feature with its cap that turns into blue whenever there’s UV light present; it’s a good way to be reminded that you need to reapply.
However, unlike the first product, this sunscreen belongs to the expensive department; but with its great features, it can really make up for its higher price.
- This product has been specially formulated for those with sensitive skin
- It has this smooth, pleasant cosmetic feature
- The cap of the bottle turns to blue whenever there’s UV light
- Lower levels of zinc oxide and titanium oxide
Thinkbaby Sunscreen SPF 50+
thinkbaby is one of the most reliable brands that you can really feel secure with its products. Their sunscreens were the first to qualify the premium care requirements of Whole Foods and also have a high rating from EWG. thinkbaby absolutely cares about the welfare of their customers that they produce nothing but high-quality products.
Anyway, this sunscreen provides broad-spectrum protection by using 20% zinc oxide as its active ingredient. Its feature of SPF 50+ is highly beneficial for your fair skin since you need more protection under special circumstance. For instance, if you are living in a city with a blazing tropical sun, an extra bit protection is much needed or else your skin will get sunburnt; switching to sunscreen with SPF 50+ will absolutely be worth it.
The only drawback with this sunscreen is its finish. Though its texture is thin enough that it is very easy to apply, the high concentration of its active ingredient will leave you with a little sheen on your skin. Well, I guess this is a compromise you can deal with just to get the remarkable protection it provides. But if you are particularly sensitive to that or you are planning to wear this sunscreen under your makeup, then this may not be the perfect choice for you.
- This sunscreen has a high SPF rating
- It is a great value of your money
- Its water resistance feature is reliable enough
- It has a thick consistency
Block Island Organics Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
Among the products I mentioned on this list, this mineral sunscreen by Block Island Organics provides the highest concentration of zinc oxide as its active ingredient. It offers an incredible 22% zinc oxide which converts into broad spectrum protection.
However, with this amount of active ingredient, this sunscreen will leave a noticeable white cast. This is not the best sunscreen to wear underneath your makeup and you will never get a smooth application out of this product. Though its finish is not too oily.
- It used highly concentrated zinc oxide
- It has a lightweight formula
- It contains hydrating ingredients
- It tends to leave a white cast
Kiss My Face Organics Face & Body Sunscreen SPF 30
Last but not the least is the face and body sunscreen by Kiss My Face Organics. It provides broad-spectrum protection by using two active ingredients, 6% zinc oxide and 6% titanium dioxide. Though the product has a fragrance-free formula, it contains green tea extract as well as sage that gives the sunscreen a pleasant, natural odor.
However, this has the thickest formula among the products I mentioned above so it will apparently leave a heavy feeling to those sensitive users. The heavy finish of this sunscreen does not come from its active ingredient but rather from its high concentration of beeswax. This means that the sunscreen won’t leave your skin with a noticeable white cast and you can also safely use it in your face.
If you are planning to wear this sunscreen under your makeup, I suggest that you just add one to two drops of liquid foundation to give the sunscreen a tint, rather than try applying the makeup directly over.
- This product is 87% certified organic
- It has a water resistance of up to 80 minutes
- It has a thick formula
- It used low levels of zinc oxide and titanium oxide
Tips on How to Protect and Treat Your Fair Skin from Sun Damage
In addition to using sunscreen, you need to remember these points to keep your fair skin protected during summers or any season of the year.
1. Get the best SPF for fair skin. SPF 30 is enough for most people to get the adequate protection they need against the sun. But for your fair skin, it would make sense if you get the ultimate level of protection.
2. Use hats or umbrellas. You should know that using sunscreen is sometimes not enough to roam around under the sun. Add another layer of protection by using at least a hat while you are out under the scorching sun.
It’s also best if you get used to the umbrella life. I promise it would be a lot of fun to be laying in the sun underneath your umbrella or probably in a shaded area. Always choose a lounge chair or a seat that has the most shade. And don’t forget to bring a small foldable umbrella if you are planning for some long walks.
3. Fight the redness. Even if your fair skin will not burn, there are chances that if you are very pale, you will easily get red and flushed. Yes, a little rosiness can look pretty, but if you turn to be tomato red – well, this is going to be a different story. But the good news is that there’s a fix into this. There is a lot of calming and soothing cream available in the market that can help calm down the redness.
4. Reapply your sunscreen every 2 hours. It is highly recommended that you reapply sunscreen every two hours since its effectiveness decreases when you are wearing it, especially if you are sweating a lot.
5. Always cool down with a face mask. A face mask is an excellent way to prevent any super red flush. Remember also that the heat from the sun will open up your pores. Anyway, below are some of the DIY face mask or face pack that can help your skin get back on its feet after being exposed to the sun.
- Cucumber face pack. If you think that the harsh, harmful sun rays were able to severely damage your skin. Before using the cucumber, keep in the fridge to cool it.
- Potato face pack. If your fair skin tends to get tanned even just the slightest exposure to the sun, then this can be a great remedy. Rub your skin with some slices of cold potato. This has been proven to eliminate the tan.
6. Treat your sun damaged skin quickly. I know there will always be a time when you will accidentally step out of the sun without wearing any outer protection or probably even sunscreen. Unfortunately, this may lead to severe sun damage on your skin.
Just in case you will experience something like this, here are some home remedies you can follow to get an instant relief.
- Splash some cold water to affected part of the skin to soothe and calm the skin
- Apply aloe vera products on your sunburnt skin. Do this in massaging motion so it will really get soaked into your skin
- Apply a non-alcoholic PH balanced toner to provide final relief to your skin; rose water is also recommended.
- Avoid going out in the direct sun within 24 hours.
7. Don’t forget to visit your dermatologist at least annually
If you are really super fair, then you are most susceptible to developing skin cancer. This is why it is very important to have an expert evaluate as well as moderate your existing birthmarks and moles so we can be sure that they are not pre-cancerous. Remember that it is always better to be safe rather than sorry.
So there you have it! I hope this article will be able to help you find a high-quality sunscreen that can fully protect your pale skin. You have to remember that you’re at a higher risk for complications arising from skin damage due to sun exposure, so consistency will always be the key. You have to make sure that you will be able to cover all of your exposed skin every time you are heading out and of course, you also have to reapply it every few hours to avoid turning pale skin into a throbbing, red crisp.
I highly recommend Alba Botanica Sensitive Fragrance Free Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 because of the high-quality protection it can provide and of course its affordable price which is important so that you can use a great amount of the product on a regular basis without the need to empty your pocket.; though each of the sunscreen listed above is an excellent choice that will give you a remarkable protection.
Anyway, if you still have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to drop it in the comment section below. I would be more than happy to get back to you.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends too!